- Entrants must have appropriate rights and permission relating to the subject matter of their entries.
- Entries must originate as one or more photographs made by the entrant.
- Images may consist of several layers, but each non-adjustment layer must contain only images originally captured by the entrant using a camera of some kind. Textures and overlays purchased or obtained online are thus specifically not allowed.
- Electronically generated patterns (e.g., fractals and commercially purchased "textures") are not permitted. This includes "textures" created by such software as Nik Analog Efex "Dirt and Scratches".
- Images may be modified by the entrant using editing software, including the use of presets and styles.
- Any modification of the image must be made by the entrant or under their personal direction.
- Any image that has been awarded an acceptance or higher award in a previous North Shore Salon is ineligible.
- An image may be entered into only one category.
- For the avoidance of doubt, images by the same author that differ only slightly from one another, or differ only by computer treatment (e.g. colour vs. monochrome), or variations of a crop (where the point of interest is the same) will be regarded for these terms and conditions as being the same image.
- Photographs taken during photo-tours and other workshops are permitted except that
- Photographs taken under the direct guidance of a tutor are not allowed
- Photographs where lighting, props, models and sets are not specifically controlled by the entrant are not allowed.
- The Salon committee reserves the right to disqualify any entry it deems unsuitable to the nature of the Salon.
- Entry fee is NZ$15 plus a further NZ$6.00 for each image entered.
- We encourage you to also purchase the printed catalogue at the cost price of $65. Catalogues will be sent to New Zealand addresses only, except by prior arrangement and payment of the extra costs involved.
- Payment must be made by PayPal (or credit card via PayPal) before the computer will accept your entry. If you cannot, or will not, pay by PayPal, you must contact the entries co-ordinator for special exemption and to make other arrangements.
- It is the nature of photographic competitions that not all entries are successful. In the spirit of fair trading and so on, we are obliged to point out that unless your entry was made by some mischievous entity other than yourself, we regret that there will be NO REFUNDS.
3. CATEGORIES AND PRESENTATION
The 2023 North Shore Salon has eight categories.
For 2023, all categories will be for digital images.
You may enter up to 4 images in each category/section, for a maximum entry of 32 images.
All images must comply with the following requirements:
- Images must be 240ppi or higher resolution
- Images smaller than 1680 pixels on the short side will be rejected by the server.
- Images larger than 3240x2160 pixels will be downsized by the server.
- The height rule is relaxed in the case of a "letterbox" or "column" image. If a landscape image has a width of greater than 2880 pixels, the height is ignored. If a portrait image has a height equal to 2160 pixels, the width is ignored.
- All files must be in JPEG format.
4. REPRODUCTION AND PRIVACY
- Copyright to entries remains at all times with you (the entrant).
- You (the entrant) hereby grant the right to reproduce entries for publicity or other purposes related to the North Shore National Salon of Photography (including the right to use a low-resolution image of entries on the Salon website and to publish your entries in the Catalogue).
- We will not divulge any of your personal details to anyone without your permission.
- We will use your details ONLY for important communication with you regarding the North Shore Salon of Photography.
- All personal details we hold in our database are visible (to you only) in the website, and may be modified by you at will.
- The North Shore National Salon of Photography will not be liable for any claims relating from your copyright or privacy infringements or disputes.